Hi!
My present situation is this.
I have about
  400 LTO-2 tapes and
100 LTO-3 tapes. Tapes are distinguished with barcode information (L3
L2 L1 etc.).

2 LTO-2 drives (index 0 and index 1)
and
2 LTO-3 drives (index 0 and index 1)
on a same  physical autochanger.

In order to access LTO2 tapes with LTO2 drives and LTO3 with LTO3
drives I made two autochanger scripts.
If they are in same autochanger, I can't (at least I don't know how)
label them (in bacula) propely to match proper mediatype.

Even we are moving towards LTO-3 I would like to take advantage of
those "old" LTO-2 tapes.

If I access LTO-3 tapes with autochanger-lto3 I get proper tape
handling.
If I access LTO-2 tapes with autochanger-lto2 I get tape loaded onto
LTO3 drive corresponding index.
I tried to put  index 2 and 3 to another autochanger with no luck.

--
Pietari Hyvärinen
system analyst