Here is where I am at now. I can use mt and tar and dump to the tape,
but bconsole shows:

Device status:
Autochanger "turing" with devices:
   "LTO-2" (/dev/nst0)
Device "FileStorage" (/bacula/FileVol) is not open or does not exist.
Device "LTO-2" (/dev/nst0) open but no Bacula volume is mounted.
    Slot 6 is loaded in drive 0.
    Total Bytes Read=0 Blocks Read=0 Bytes/block=0
    Positioned at File=0 Block=0

When I tried to spool to tape, it asks to mount the volume, although the
tape is already in there and I can write to it with mt and tar.

So how do I mount a Bacula volume?

Running Jobs:
 JobId Level   Name                       Status
  3020 Increme  fluffy.2006-10-30_11.36.24 is waiting for a mount
request
====
*mount
The defined Storage resources are:
     1: File
     2: turing
Select Storage resource (1-2): .
Selection aborted, nothing done.
*mount storage=turing
3001 OK mount. Device="LTO-2" (/dev/nst0)
*

But still I get

*mount
The defined Storage resources are:
     1: File
     2: turing
Select Storage resource (1-2): .
Selection aborted, nothing done.
*mount storage=turing
3001 OK mount. Device="LTO-2" (/dev/nst0)
*

How do I label the mounted volume as a the tape that bacula is looking
for?