Hi,

On 11/9/2006 7:25 AM, Ryan Novosielski wrote:
> I've gotten this one... I'd love to know what it is too. :)

Dat's an error

;-)

> Jake Goerzen wrote:
>
>>What does it mean when this happens?  and is there a way to fix it?
>>

>>07-Nov 08:40 adam-dir: Start Backup JobId 369,
>>Job=BackupACSRV.2006-11-07_08.40.54
>>07-Nov 08:40 adam-sd: 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded drive 0" command.
>>07-Nov 08:41 adam-sd: 3991 Bad autochanger "loaded drive 0" command:
>>ERR=Child exited with code 1.
>>07-Nov 08:41 adam-sd: 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded drive 0" command.
>>07-Nov 08:41 adam-sd: 3991 Bad autochanger "loaded drive 0" command:
>>ERR=Child exited with code 1.

Ok, more to the point, this is a failure from the mtx-changer script.

It's not a timeout, that would be indicated by a TERM or KILL exit code,
but seems to be problem mt or mtx, inside mtx-changer, report.

I'd try to unmount the drive using bconsole, then use mtx-changer from
the shell with the loaded command and then follow it's operation until
you can determine where the problem comes from.

Most probably, the mtx command will not get a proper response to a the
status command.

Most probably you have a "stuck" autochanger, which doesn't properly
respond to mtx commands, which in turn ends with an error.

Power-cycling the autochanger sometimes helps, emergency ejecting any
tapes and doing an inventory might also help - that depends on the
actual problem and, of course, the autochanger you have.

Arno

--
IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]