With apologies if this is a redundant question but I was unsuccessful when
searching the Bacula mailing list archives on gname in finding any relevant
information to my question.

I am wondering if there is any reason why the current release of Bacula (
1.38.11) can not work (or does not work) on Mac OS X Server (specifically
Mac OS X Server 10.4.x)? In the Bacula 1.38.11 documentation, in the Quick
Start section, the supported operating systems state Mac OS X (client) which
would indicate logically not server (since Mac OS X Server is not
mentioned). It would be great to be able to back up data on storage devices
attached to and managed by some Xserves that I have to admin.

Thanks much,

Hydro