On 11/26/06, Erich Prinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Can't help on this one. PPC only on this end.

Hi Erich,

A Bacula News Bulletin just in ... I just moments ago tried on Mac OS X
Server 10.4.8 running on a PowerPC Mac, the exact same configure options on
the same original source of Bacula (1.38.11) and thus explicitly requiring
the large file system. The result output by configure was exactly the same
(Large file system:   no).

Odd that it was explicit in the configure options but not found when
running.

Agreed. Maybe this is a bug in the configure script that manifests only on
Mac OS X?

Erich, what version of Mac OS X are you running on your PowerPC Mac(s)? I am
wondering if you you have a moment if you could also try to run configure
(in an isolated directory so as not to mess up your environment) and to see
if you also do not receive the option to enable Large file support? If its
not a major hassle to you?

Have you attempted to run a backup on a single file over 2 GB just to
see what would happen? Just curious.

Not yet but I am surely going to try this -- will be one of the first things
I do is not only try to backup a file over 2 GB but also restore. Will
update the mailing list with the results when I find them.

-H

Erich