Anyone come up with anything on this one?

I'm about to go live with a home brewed wing and a prayer backup plan for bare metal restores.

Paul

Ryan Novosielski wrote:

I have located this. Its author is Robert Hartzell -- are we speaking
about the same thing? The name popped into my head today and once I
searched on it, the README that he wrote popped up immediately. As he
never posted it to the list, I'd like to get his permission first, but I
assume that that will be no problem. Just when someone doesn't post
something to the list, I have to assume they might have a reason.

He started using an 03/05 disc and building a restore disc from that,
but apparently he since tried it with 01/06 and this works fine as well.
He thinks it should work on Solaris 9 as well, and I'd wager it works on
06/06, as there were no changes that should affect the ability to
conduct a restore on this version.

Note, he attempted this on x86. I am very interested in doing it on
SPARC, and in fact may try to get it going this afternoon.

Paul Norland wrote: