Hi,

On 11/29/2006 4:52 PM, Alessio Mineni wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>       my name is Alessio and I'm writing form Italy. I'm testing
> multitape-changer
> script that will allow me to group more drives in one virtual autochenger
> device.

Hm. Sounds interesting, I just don't understand what you mean :-)

> If I use directly the script it seams to work fine, it create the right
> simlink at the real device but bacula seams DO NOT call the load command. See
> here:
>
> Connecting to Storage daemon changer0 at 192.168.0.20:9103 ...
> Sending label command for Volume "extra01-0001" Slot 1 ...
> 3301 Issuing autochanger "loaded drive 0" command.            <--- LOADED???
> 3302 Autochanger "loaded drive 0", result: nothing loaded.
> Label command failed for Volume extra01-0001.
> Do not forget to mount the drive!!!
>
> Inserting some echo debug command in the script I verfiyed that bacula call
> the loaded command.
>
> Any suggestions?

Not without understanding your problem.

The 'loaded' command is in fact to query which slot is loaded in the
given drive.

Bacula will only issue load commands when it knows about the autochanger
inventory, i.e. after an 'update slots' command ran.

Arno

--
IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]