Hello all,

I've been catching up reading the mailing list for the past several days. I
see some of the Bacula gurus have oft referred to Bacula 1.39 soon to become
named 1.40 and it almost seems as if that 1.39 / 1.40 might be the best
version to use for a newbie such as myself. However, with 1.38 at least
there is the corresponding and awesome 1.38 manual that I have been and can
continue to use (since I've until now built and installed 1.38 on Ubuntu,
Mac OS X client and Mac OS X Server).

However, I'm wondering if the recommendation at this point in time is to
just "go for it" and use 1.39 on my systems so I can train myself to work
with the latest and greatest? Of course on sourceforge 1.39 is still listed
as "Beta" but I'm wondering how soon "Beta" is going to be removed from its
description? Are we, for example, days or just a few weeks away (in which
case 1.39 is not likely to change materially)?

Thanks for any suggestions!