On Friday 01 December 2006 11:56, Benoit Callebaut wrote:
> I need a more recent Bacula Debian package( autoloader automatic volume
> change bug fix).
> I haven't found one more recent than (1.38.11).

Currently Debian's release team is about to prepare the next stable release
of Debian codename "Etch". New upstream releases are currently not
entering Debian unless there is an important reason. That's probably why
John Goerzen isn't making newer packages available yet.

You may want to file a wishlist bug report using the "reportbug" tool or on
http://bugs.debian.org though to remind him that there is already a new
upstream release. AFAICS there is no such wish filed yet.

> I tried to repackage it with version 1.39.26.
>
> I have a problem with the debian package builder.
> When building the sqlite variant, libssl isn't linked with it (->
> unresolved symbols).

I assume that John already has a newer package available. Ask him to upload
it to the 'experimental' branch if you like. It won't get into the release
team's way like that.

Cheers
 Christoph