On Thu 18 Jan 2007 07:03, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is just to let you know that I have now committed the first cut of the
> qt-console (the name until voting is completed) to the Source Forge CVS.
> The new directory is:
>
>   <bacula-source>/src/qt-console
>
> the current procedure is:
>
>   cd <bacula-source>/src/qt-console
>   make
>
> the program will be named qt-console.
>
> I've improved the layout somewhat, but I have not yet figured out how to
> limit the size of the left window compared to the right window.  I would
> like the left window to remain unchanged when the Window is resized.  It
> would change size horizontally only when the size bar is moved.  The window
> on the right, should grow/shrink with the main window being resized.
>

> In addition, I have not figured out how to get the silly widgets within the
> containers to grow to fill the container.  Oh well, that will surely come.
>
> Finally, if you know how to hook other window classes (dialogs) in
> subdirectories into the Stacked Widget, please let me know.  I envision to
> have each major item in the left "browser" or "function" window pull up
> dialogs in the right window that are in a subdirectory (e.g. restore,
> backup, reports, ...).  Each subdirectory can contain one or more forms
> (xxx.ui) that will be used depending on how the user proceeds through the
> dialogs, ...
>
> Anyone who can figure out any of the above, please let me know.  Otherwise,
> with a bit of time and reading on Qt, I'll get there.

Are you using designer? If you are, send me the UI file and I will give it a
look today. If you are not... it's more involved :-)

> If you are wondering about what the windows should contain.  The left
> window is meant to be a tree that looks very similar to a browser directory
> tree in many windows -- e.g. Windows Explorer.  The items represent Bacula
> daemons and actions you can perform (restore, backup, see the catalog,
> ...).  Some of the items will open to expose sub-items.  For example a
> Restore item could have under it 5 or 10 different ways to restore (all, by
> file, by date, ...). Once an item is clicked in the left tree window, the
> right window, which is a set of StackedWidgets will display the appropriate
> "dialog" for the thing that you have chosen.  In some cases, such as the
> console, this will simply be a Text window.  In other cases, it may be a
> tabbed window, and in others simply something that looks like a dialog box.
>  Everyone on these lists who has been using a GUI has seen this kind of
> interface before.  If my description is not clear, it will become so after
> we are able to fill in a few real items and make them functional.
>
> Regards,
>
> Kern
>
> PS: two people have officially offered their help with the project and have
> been accepted:
>
> 1. Christopher Rasch-Olsen Raa  -- developer
> 2. Julián Hernandez -- GUI usability
>
> Thanks guys.
>
> One other persons is still considering the project ...

 ("\''/").__..-''"`-. .         Roberto Alsina
 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   KDE Developer (MFCH)
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'   Buenos Aires - Argentina

by definition, not smart enough to debug it. --Brian W. Kernighan