This is what you said Erich Prinz
> Agreed Troy!  Add the .exe to the path name. I ran into this very
> same issue 'assuming' the extension would otto-magically be added. So
> much for assuming....
>
> Erich
>

> On Jan 19, 2007, at 12:40 AM, Troy Daniels wrote:
>
>> Hi Scott,
>>
>> I might be completely wrong but have you tried to append .exe to the
>> ntbackup command?
>>
>> On my systems at least the full path is c:\WINDOWS\system32
>> \ntbackup.exe
>>
>> Microsoft normally tries to be nice and append the .exe extension
>> automatically, but something may have changed in the latest version
>> that
>> interferes with that. However, it also hides the extension in by
>> default
>> in Explorer which leads to confusion more often than not in my
>> experience.
>>
>> What version were you running before upgrading? And what version of
>> Windows are you running?
>>
>> The answers to the above might help others answer your original
>> question.
>>
>> Hope this helps,
>>

>> Troy Daniels.
>> Perth Systems Admin.
>> iTouch Australia (pty) ltd.

To answer Kern, it was working with version 1.39.27.  I can not remember
what the actual version of the Windows FD was at that time.  Both director
and FD were upgraded at the same time when version 1.39.27 was installed.

Now the Window FD is version 2.0.1.

I will definitely give adding the extension (.EXE) a try, but I am not
sure why that would make a difference.  The .BAT file, which calls the
ntbackup.exe, program works fine (from an windows command prompt).  This
leads me to believe the syntax in the .BAT file is correct.

I assume the bacula-dir.conf file is correct because the .BAT file IS
being called (or so appears from bacula's messages).  The messages show
the commands from the .BAT file.

The problem is that what is in the .BAT does not run (when executed from
bacula).

The results are the same if I add the .EXE extension to the command line
in the .BAT file.  Below are the results:

ClientRunBeforeJob: run command ""C:/Program Files
(x86)/Bacula/bin/backup_systemstate.bat""
ClientRunBeforeJob:
ClientRunBeforeJob: C:\WINDOWS\system32>C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntbackup.exe
backup systemstate /F C:\SystemState\systemstate.bkf
ClientRunBeforeJob: 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntbackup.exe' is not recognized
as an internal or external command,
ClientRunBeforeJob: operable program or batch file.
ClientRunBeforeJob:
ClientRunBeforeJob: C:\WINDOWS\system32>exit 0

I do not doubt the problem could be me, but this used to work in earlier
versions of bacula.  I started using this .BAT file in version 1.38.11.

Thanks.
Scott