On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 11:16 +0100, Jon Ingason wrote:
> I am getting problem with RunBeforeJob. When I test the bacula-dir.conf
> I get following:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] bacula]# bacula-dir -t -c bacula-dir.conf
> 22-jan 10:59 bacula-dir:  Fatal error: Could not open Catalog
> "MyCatalog", database "bacula".
> 22-jan 10:59 bacula-dir:  Fatal error: mysql.c:188 Unable to connect to
> MySQL server.
> Database=bacula User=bacula
> It is probably not running or your password is incorrect.
> 22-jan 10:59 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
> Please correct configuration file: bacula-dir.conf
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] bacula]#

I ran into this when I started testing Bacula.  The problem was a
missing database password for the bacula user.  The 'RunBeforeJob'
defines the script that will be run to dump the bacula database.  The
default one does not include the password on the command line.  If you
look at the 'make_catalog_backup' script, you will see that it wants
three arguments:
  1: database to backup (in your case, 'bacula')
  2: login ID to use to connect to the MySQL server to dump the database
     (again, in your case, 'bacula')
  3: password to use when connecting to the database.

The comments in the script say that if arg 3 is not specified, then the
empty string ("") will be used.  I haven't chased it down yet, but I
couldn't get that to work even when the bacula user didn't have a
password.

I would suggest that you give the bacula MySQL user a password, then set
that password in your config files.

    /dwight

--
Dwight N. Tovey