Hi there,

I'm relatively new to bacula but I'm slowly getting my head around
things,

Here is a quick summary of what I'm trying to do.

We have two boxes, the first box (portia) is dedicated to running the
bacula-director and storage daemon.  The second box (pandora) is running
the client/file daemon.

The storage daemon (running on portia) is connected to an 8 slot auto
changer which is configured and works correctly.  Each tape is 200GB
before compression.

On the second box (pandora) is a ~600 gig directory which gets larger by
~25 gig each month.  These files don't get deleted or modified.

I am trying to setup an incremental bacula job to backup these files to
tape.

Here are my job and pool resources so far:

Job {
  Name = "Daily_Archive_Job"
  Client = pandora-fd
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  FileSet = "Archive"
  Storage = Tape
  Messages = Standard
  Pool = "Daily_Archive_Pool"
  Schedule = "Daily_Cycle"
  Priority = 5
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/Daily_Archive_Job.bsr"
}

Pool {
  Name = Daily_Archive_Pool
  Pool Type = Backup
  AutoPrune = no
  Volume Retention = 99y
  Recycle = no
}

When I run this job it stops after the tape is full and asks me to use
the label command to add another volume to the pool.

I ejected the tape, inserted a blank tape, labeled it and the job
started running again.

It appeared to write data for about 2 hours before giving me an error
about "Connection timed out".

The two servers are connected by crossover cable at 100 Mbps
Full-Duplex.

Does anyone have any suggestion where to go from here?

Much Appreciated,

- Paul England, New Zealand