Hi,

i think the RetentionTime (20h) is too long.
After writing 6-8 hours to the media,
and then adding the Retention of 20 hours,
the volume is reusable after 26-28 hours.
why not using RetentionTime of 1 minute?
bacula will recycle the volumes at jobstart, when no appendable volume
is available.

Thomas

Peter Selc schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having problems with configuring one backup. It should be every-day
> full
> backup, runned at 00:05, where about 100GB of files are backed up
> (compressed approx. 50GB). It takes about 6-8 hours (client and storage are
> 2 different servers on the same network).
> The backup should use the same volumes, which are 4GB files, that means
> recycle and rewrite them by next run, because it's sufficient to hold the
> last-day state of files.
>
> Thanks a a lot,
> Peter
>

> Here is my configuration, i suppose i have some mistakes in the pool
> resource. When the backup runs the next day, it doesn't reuse the already
> written media and asks for operator intervention
>
> Client {
>  Name = mail-fd
>  Address = *****
>  FDPort = 9102
>  Catalog = MyCatalog
>  Password = "****"
>  File Retention = 1 day
>  Job Retention = 10 days
>  AutoPrune = yes
> }
>
> Job {
>  Name = "mail-backup"
>  Client = mail-fd
>  Type = Backup
>  Level = Full
>  FileSet = "mail-fileset"
>  Schedule = "DailyCycle"
>  Storage =  ***
>  Messages = Standard
>  Pool = mail-pool
>  Priority = 13
>  Write Bootstrap = "/mnt/backup/protect/mail.bsr"
> }
>

> FileSet {
>  Name = "mail-fileset"
>  Include {
>    Options {
>      signature = MD5
>      compression=GZIP8
>      onefs = no
>    }
>  File = /etc
>  File = ...
>  File = ...
> }
>
>  Exclude {
>    File = /proc
>    File = /tmp
>    File = lost+found
>    File = /.journal
>    File = /.fsck
>  }
> }
>
> Pool {
>  Name = mail-pool
>  Pool Type = Backup
>  Label format ="mail-backup-"
>  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle
> Volumes
>  AutoPrune = yes
>  Recycle Oldest Volume = yes # Prune expired volumes
>  Recycle Current Volume = yes
>  Volume Retention = 20 hours
>  Maximum Volume Bytes = 4g
>  Maximum Volumes = 40
>  UseVolumeOnce = yes
>  Volume Use Duration = 20 hours
> [...]

IC3S Information, Computer und Solartechnik AG
Bäckerbarg 6, 22889 Tangstedt, Germany

Telefon    +49.4109.555.121
Telefax    +49.4109.555.57
E-Mail      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web        http://www.ic3s.de/

Vorstand: Jan Behrmann (Vorsitzender), Stefan Fehlauer
Aufsichtsrat: Sven Niklasson (Vorsitzender)
Dresdner Bank (200 800 00), Kto. 0123 9582 00
Commerzbank (200 400 00), Kto. 8540 288
Amtsgericht Kiel HRB 7590
UST.IdNr. DE184532766