> Using DVD-RAM in combination with bacula is on my projects list. Is anybody
> actually doing this?

Yes, I am doing this on my home Linux workstation.
I use a Samsung GSA-2164D dvdrecorder with a plain (no cartridge) DVD-RAM disk.
I'm in the first stage of "try-and-see-what-happens" and I configured
DVD-RAM device exactly like a usb removable drive, with its mount
point `/mnt/dvdrecorder'.
I should only make sure that disc is already mounted when I start the
bacula job.
But that is easily solvable with a RunBeforeJob directive (or it should be).
I found the DVD-RAM media to be somewhat slow when writing full
directory subtrees, but writing to a file like bacula does works
smoothly...

--
Cosimo