>> Aaah, I've finally figured it out.  The very common Linksys WRT54G v5
>> router IS dropping inactive sockets after exactly 10 minutes.

>Set heartbeat intervals to 1 minute.

>Problem solved (and is why this directive is there)

I already have the heartbeats in at 30 seconds each.  Unfortunately, according
to the manual, the heartbeats helps the file daemon talk to
the director, the file daemon talk to the storage daemon, and the
storage daemon talk to the file daemon.

What would help me is a heartbeat to keep the socket between the director and
storage daemon alive.

For now, I'm giving up on having an offsite storage daemon.  I don't have the
money to spend on a fully working router.  So I'm going to just keep the
storage daemon on the same machine as the director, and then rsync the physical
volumes afterwards offsite.

Brad Peterson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Never miss an email again!