First of all, let me just say that Bacula is wonderful. I migrated to it
after a very unreliable (and expensive) commercial product
implementation. Bacula works flawlessly, and is very simple to configure
and operate. Great product! Keep up the good work.

Now for my question:

Does anyone have experience with practical tape and drive life spans of
LTO-2 drives and tapes?

We have a client with an LTO-2 drive that runs 12 backup jobs/day (one
full and 11 incremental). They have cleaned their drive regularly, but
lately, they seem to be losing a lot of tapes to errors.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks for all the help I see on this list.
--
Michael L. Morgan
Director of Operations