Hello,

I am having a strange issue with some files always being backed up
during incremental runs, even if they have not changed since the last
incremental backup. In particular, I have a working directory of custom
installer packages for some of the educational software we run here, and
two of the ~30 package roots are being backed up during each incremental
job, even though they haven't been touched in the interim. It's fine
with me that they be backed up during full runs, of course, but having
them backed up during the daily incrementals is chewing through my
backup volume like crazy.

This is with the director, file daemon, and storage daemon all running
on the same machine, and with the storage daemon writing to a file
volume. The machine is a Gentoo Linux install (uname -a: Linux hercules
2.6.17-gentoo-r8 #2 Sat Nov 4 00:09:36 PST 2006 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64
Processor 3200+ AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux), and bacula is at version 2.0.0.

I've run both the director and the file daemon at -d200, but I can't
seem to figure out exactly where these files are selected to be backed
up (although I can see them being backed up, of course). If anybody has
any tips for troubleshooting this type of issue, I would really
appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance!

Adam Compton
Network Administrator