Actually, the FD must also match the total number of concurrent
connections.

I have two FD which are set to MaxJobs = 1... this forces the second
FD to wait in line until the first one completes.

On the other 6 FD, the MaxJobs is set to 10. This permits all 6 to
run concurrently (provided the DIR/SD have their configs set to 10 as
well.) It's nice to have that flexibility.

Now, with regards to your Migration - that injects some unknowns for
me as I've not jumped on that bandwagon just yet. At first blush,
something tells me running Migration jobs concurrently is a
potentially dangerous scenario and might compromise your ability to
restore from those jobs.

Erich

p.s. - don't forget to hit Reply All so others get to see the thread.

On Feb 5, 2007, at 7:52 PM, Support wrote:

> Erich
>
> I am having problem with concurrent jobs using Migration - it seems
> about
> 2 or 3 start and others are delayed eg waiting for a resource.
>
> You imply that the Maximum Concurrent Jobs must be the SAME in the
> Director and Storage. I have various Jobdefs eg for servers (7),
> laptops
> (15), workstations (40) etc that have the Maximum Concurrent Jobs
> set to
> the number of Clients eg 7.
>
> So the Max Concurrent Jobs in each Jobdef must equal that in the
> Director
> and Storage or can I remove the Max Concurrent Jobs parameter from the
> Jobdef setting and it assumes the Director value.
>
> I assume the file daemon setting can be left at 1.
>
> Thanks for the tip
>
> Erich Prinz wrote:
>> There's a section on concurrent jobs in the Tips and Tricks section
>> of the docs.
>>
>> Short version:  each config file has an entry for MaxConcurrentJobs
>> =  (or something like that) and each entry MUST be configured with
>> the identical number of concurrent jobs in order to work.
>>
>> I've done this and works quite well. Just be cognizant of your
>> bandwidth limitations so you don't run into time out situations.
>>
>> Erich
>>

>> On Feb 5, 2007, at 12:38 PM, Brian Debelius wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> How can I set up my storage and jobs so that I can have multiple
>>> jobs
>>> writing to disk at the same, without having each job get its own
>>> file
>>> device?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Brian - stealing threads in the dark of the night.

>>> --
>>> ---
>>> Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services,
>>> security?
>>> Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your
>>> job easier.
>>> Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
>>> Geronimo
>>> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?
>>> cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642