> Hi Folks,
>
> I have been running Bacula (1.36, 1.38) on Debian Linux for nearly a year
> now (I have tested several configurations, always on the same machine with
> the same internal LTO2 drive).
>
> Now I have reinstalled Debian (Sarge stable), compiled Bacula 2.02 on my
> own (with mysql-support, MySQL is 4.0.24) and get the error saying "file
> mismitch between catalog and tape".
>
> I have not had this error before, and I have found no recent mentioning of
> this error on linux (seems a plague for freebsd users normally).
>
> So I would like to know: Is there a way to synchronize the contents of
> catalogue and tape? Is this something I can avoid or can it be a new bug in
> 2.x?

Yes, you can synchronize them using bconsole's update command.  However, I
strongly recommend that you find out why they are not synchronized, otherwise
you might lose data.

Does the system still pass all of the btape tests from the Testing Your Tape
Drive With Bacula chapter of the manual?

If it does, it might be useful to find out what that tape contains by doing

bls -c bacula-sd.conf -j -V'*' /dev/nsa0

(you'll have to unmount it from bconsole first).

Also, the output of the following (where VVV is the volume name):

select * from jobmedia
 where mediaid=(select mediaid from media where volumename='VVV')
 order by startfile;

would tell show what Bacula thinks it contains.

__Martin