I've seen a number of comments on the list about using a second DB,
usually mentioned as a second catalog, for particular purposes.

I've looked through both the User's manual and Developer's manual
looking for instructions on how to do this but I haven't found anything
other than the mention that it's possible.

The db create scripts hard-code the db name so they aren't much help
without modifying them.

Is there a write-up anywhere on how to configure a second catalog that
would be written with the non-db-savvy admin in mind?

Thanks

----

Alan Davis

Senior Architect