On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Jason King wrote:

> How do I setup the messages of backup jobs of only certain servers to
> certain ppl. Right now the ppl that get notified get notified about
> every server being backed up. They only want to get notified about 3 of
> the servers we backup. How can I set bacula up to do that? I'm using
> bacula 2.0.2.

Create a Message resource in bacula-dir.conf that sends mail to the folks
that just need notifications about those three servers and then, in the
Job definitions that define the backups of those servers, include those
Message resources. Don't include those email addresses in your 'Standard'
Messages resource, and use that for the other backups.

Messages {
   Name = Those_Three_Servers
   mailcommand = "/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\) [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
-s
\"Bacula: %t %e of %c %l\" %r"
   operatorcommand = "/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"\(Bacula\) [EMAIL
PROTECTED]"
-s
\"Bacula: Intervention needed for %j\" %r"
   mail = [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] = all, !skipped
   operator = [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] = mount
   console = all, !skipped, !saved
   append = "/var/bacula/working/log" = all, !skipped
}

Job {
   Name = "BackupThoseThreeServers"
   Type = Backup