Dear All

I think I have resolved this issue.

My mistake was to use a different FileSet for the migration job - it MUST
match the original FileSet used to create the disc file.

The reason some jobs were getting promoted from incremental to full and
others were not was due to a FileSet mismatch - the newer clients did not
have a matching FileSet in the catalog.

I must stop thinking a migration is a clone operation it is a pseudo
"normal" backup operation.  I think the manual should warn users of this.

Thanks
Stephen Carr