Hi,

> The delete command can have... unwanted side-effects, too.
Yes,

I've found that the commands in bconsole are a little bit more
clement than they should.

For example I can have the following line:

*list volumes pool=Scratch

All ok the volumes in pool Scratch are shown.

*list volumes pool=Scratch lala blabla

The command means all is ok and list the same before.

So the following command will give exactly the same:

*list volumes pool=Scratch volid=DDS3_34

In affect the command did not do the things what I mean.

All other commands working in the same way, purge too.

This means if I am a stupid user because I'm to fast type
a command wrong the command ignore them silently, mostly.

So the command do more then they should.  A correct
parsing error handling of given commands are missing
on most commands.

For purge/prune and so on I've failed at the same problem,
ago.

Wrong commands should not ignore silently. They should abort
with a error message. I think this should be added in future
releases.

MfG...
Pierre Bernhardt