Hello,

I'm running Bacula 2.0.2 built from source on the following system:
XEN 3.0 with Gentoo, Kernel 2.6.16 as Dom0 running bacula-dir and bacula-sd.
One deamon bacula-fd is also running here for test restores. File system is
Ext3.
Debian, Kernel 2.6.16 as DomU running one file daemon for backup. The file
system here is XFS.
The backups are done from the DomU file daemon and are stored via the storage
daemon on a samba share with NTFS mounted with the cifs option in the Dom0.

Backups are running well, unfortunately the Restores do not. Everytime I try to
restore a backup sooner or later I get an error message like

"Error: block.c:317 Volume data error at 0:2068512761!
Block checksum mismatch in block=65353 len=64512: calc=3deeeba7 blk=962bd82e"

and later

"Error: attribs.c:409 File size of restored file XXXXX not correct. Original
YYYYY, restored ZZZZZ."

and Bacula stops.

I tried to restore from the samba share to the same samba share into another
directory via the file daemon on Dom0 and from the samba share to a XEN DomU
with XFS via the file daemon on DomU. In both cases I get the error messages
above. The backups are running at night, so it is very unlikely that file sizes
are changing during backup. I hope my descriptions are not too confusing :-)
I have no idea what causes this error and I'd be grateful for any hint that may
help to solve my little problem.

Greetings,
Sven Hendriks