On Friday 23 February 2007 06:14, Michael Brennen wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> This is on a bacula configuration that has been running fine for a
> couple of months.  It has run through about 45 or so tapes in the
> changer, so I think I have some confidence in the basic
> configuration.
>
> Last weekend a long running network archive hung, and after 3 days I
> cancelled it.  That never returned to a prompt from bconsole, though
> opening a second bconsole and running 'stat dir' said it was
> cancelled, and the spool file continued to accumulate data.  After a
> couple of hours I finally stopped bacula.
>
> That seems to have left bacula in something in a confused state.
>
> >From that time I now have two jobs that will only run on drive 0.
>
> This is a 4 drive autochanger, and other jobs use other drives fine.
> However, two jobs will only run on drive 0, and if another tape is
> in that drive the job(s) simply block waiting for a mount.
>
> When the two jobs are started one after the other, when the first
> finishes the tapes are not rotated out and the second job continues
> to emit mount requests.  The first job completing changes nothing;
> it remains in the drive.  If I manually unmount the mounted tape of
> the completed first job to make room for the other, the following
> messages are displayed:
>
> 3307 Issuing autochanger "unload slot 1, drive 0" command.
> 3995 Bad autochanger "unload slot 1, drive 0": ERR=Child exited with code 1
> Results=Storage Element 1 is Already Full
>
> However, the mounted tape did not come from slot 1, but slot 4.  It
> should not be trying to unload the tape into slot 1.
>
> When starting one of the jobs alone, with no tapes in the drive and
> after running 'update slots', there is a message that is issued that
> does not mean much to me, and I cannot find much of it on google, an
> invalid slot defined message.
>
> 22-Feb 21:15 archive-sd: Invalid slot=0 defined, cannot autoload Volume.
> 22-Feb 21:15 archive-sd: Invalid slot=0 defined, cannot autoload Volume.
> 22-Feb 21:15 archive-sd: Please mount Volume "FNI0003" on Storage
> Device "Drive-1" (/dev/nst1) for Job Host-Archive.2007-02-22_21.15.56
>
> I have stopped bacula, emptied the drives, started bacula, and then
> run 'update slots'.  I've done that several times, and it has
> changed nothing.
>
> I started bacula with -d400 and dumped the output to a file; that
> file is about 190k so I will not be sending it to the list. :)  I'm
> sure the answer is somewhere in there, but I don't know enough of
> what I'm reading to sort it out quickly.
>
> I suppose my basic question is just where in the database it might
> be requiring that particular drive for these two jobs, and how might
> I clear that up?  I think the unload to the wrong slot and the
> invalid slot messages may be important, but I am not sure just what
> condition that is indicating.
>
> I am running current CVS, as of yesterday, in order get the
> encryption patch.  Thanks for any help someone might have.

I hope you meant the SVN since the CVS is no longer used and now out of date.

Also, if you are pulling from the SVN and it is for a production system, you
should checkout the Branch-2.0, in the tags part, which is in preparation for
a 2.0.3 release.

The SVN trunk has all the new development code in it, which seems to work, but
is probably not as stable as the Branch.