Hi,

On 2/27/2007 7:12 PM, Tim Schoellhammer wrote:
> Kern Sibbald schrieb:
>

>>>It is two times faster in recovery as the veritas backupexec.
>>
>>Nice.  Thanks for reporting that.  It is always nice to be faster than the
>>big
>>guys :-)
>>
>>By the way, I imagine you have done so, but please run a btape "test" to
>>ensure that your new Device resource works correctly with your drive.  I have
>>no reason to believe that it won't but it is always good to check.
>>btape "test" is not 100% foolproof, but it will catch a lot of subtile
>>problems that could show up later ...
>>

> Yes i did run btape and "test". Before and after the changes both works
> correctly thats wy i get confused.

Well, I'm not a FreeBSD person, but I hope they (Dan especially :-)
allow me to point out that the Two EOF for EOT can really bite you -
this seems to be more or less BSD-specific...

(and I know that the linux kernel is also kind of funny when working
with tapes.)

It seems like there is no common standard regarding how a tape drive
should behave from the applications point of view - SysV, BSD and linux
are quite incompatible there. Really a shame...

Arno

> I tested also a backup of testfiles.
>
> dd if=/dev/urandom of=/backupdir/test1.file
> multiple times.
>
> make a md5sum from the files.
> Take a Backup. Delete the files and make a restore to full testing the
> backup an restore functions.
> After the restore i compare the md5sum of the files an all is correct.
>
> Thanks to Kern an the other Developers of this great software.
>
> Tim

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]