On Monday 05 March 2007 06:41, Zakai Kinan wrote:
> I have rebuilt from source twice and sure enough
> certain things are not upgraded such as bcopy.

I cannot say for sure if you are installing from a package, but
bcopy *is* "installed" every time you do a "make install".

However, if you changed your ./configure from your previous install (possibly
you didn't remember it or look at the old config.out file) then your files
will install in a different location and you will experience the kinds
problems you are seeing.

If you change any of the paths on the ./configure from one release to another,
you should backup the files you want (conf files), then do a "make uninstall"
with the old Bacula source before configuring, building, and installing the
new source.  That will prevent having multiple copies of the same program in
different locations and believing that the upgrade did not work.