Hm, hadn't thought about it for awhile.  I'm using a HP DL380 G4 with
the internal controller handling the local hard drives and the tape
equipment connected to the SCSI adapter on the PCI bus.  So, the backup
is not on the same controller that is managing my raid.  I'm not using
raid in the context of my backup systems.  The server also has an Apple
fibre channel HBA with an Apple raid box attached.  So...

The following is is from lspci, with two entries.  One for each channel
on the SCSI adapter:
SCSI storage controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c1030 PCI-X Fusion-MPT
Dual Ultra320 SCSI (rev 07)

I got this controller from HP.

HTH.