Hi,

> For exactly the reason you state, I believe that it is not possible for bweb
> to work with MySQL version 3, which is *very* old (by Open Source standards)
> now.  It will probably work with version 4, which does implement subqueries
> (if I remember right).  I am *sure* it works on MySQL 5, since it works here
> and I have: mysql-5.0.26-12 loaded.

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately it was the one I was expecting, however
was hoping I'd overlooked something in my tiredness last night and sent the
email anyways.

I know my MySQL is an old version, but it's the version that seems to be the
default for EL3 installations. (ie, it's the most recent version in the EL3
Repo I use). I can see however that there are rpms for 5.0 available for EL3 on
the MySQL site so this may not be the case.

AFAIK, it's also the version the standard EL3 Bacula MySQL rpm is built
against. Therefore, If I upgrade my database, I'll have to build Bacula MySQL 5
rpms for EL3 myself wont I? This is the main reason I hadn't upgraded my MySQL
DB yet. (Plus the fact that my catalog DB gets replicated to an offsite DB
server which replicates it's catalog to this DB server - both are running 3.23
and both would need simultaneous upgrades of both the DB and bacula == extra
comlpexity)

Also, does anyone have any advise on the best way to upgrade from version 3.23
to 5.0 of MySQL. The MySQL documentation recommends upgrading thru each
intermediate version (4.0, 4.1) but I was wondering if this was more of a
guideline than a strict rule.

Also, I was thinking it might be simpler in the long run to just install a
separate MySQl 5 instance and load the MySQL 3.23 dumps into it - anyone know
if this is possible? I haven't seen any clear indication either way in the
MySQL documentation.

Time to break out the test box again...

Cheers,

Troy.