Zakai Kinan wrote:
> I am posting the relevant portions of each file:
> FD.conf:
>
> #
> # List Directors who are permitted to contact this
> File daemon
> #
> Director {
>   Name = backup-dir
>   Password = "yes_naya"
> }
>
> #
> # Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
> #   status of the file daemon
> #
> Director {
>   Name = backup-mon
>   Password = "yes_naya"
>   Monitor = yes
> }
>
> #
> # "Global" File daemon configuration specifications
> #
> FileDaemon {                          # this is me
>   Name = backup-fd
>   FDport = 9102                  # where we listen for
> the director
>   WorkingDirectory = /var/bacula
>   Pid Directory = /var/run/bacula
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
> }
>

> Thanks,

If you are getting the error from check_bacula then you need to make
sure the password from the check_bacula invocation matches the password
in the fd.

As I understand your question, you would use the following (all on one
line),

./check_bacula -H <your FD host or IP goes here> -D fd -P 9102 -M
backup-mon -K 'yes_naya'

This is what is working for me. Try running './check_bacula -?' from the
command line to see the switches and their uses.

DAve

> ZK
>
> --- Dan Langille <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> installed
>> not

>> if
>>> It is still not working and I am getting the same
>>> error.  Any more ideas?
>> Then the name/password combination is still not
>> correct.
>>
>> Oh, and remember to restart FD after changing
>> bacula-fd.conf, and
>> bacula-dir after changing bacula-dir.conf.
>>
>> I suggest using a simple password, such as
>> 'my-password' and trying
>> again.
>>
>> If you make no progress after that, then post
>> bacula-dir.conf and
>> bacula-fd.conf, remembering that you are showing us
>> your passwords.
>>
>> --
>> Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work

Veterans?