Darien Hager wrote:
> I wonder if a small improvement would be to basically send them an e-
> mail as part of the signup process which has some helpful links,
> small manual TOC, etc.
>
> I'm not sure to what extent you can customize the "Welcome to the
> list" mailman message on sourceforge...

The sunmanagers list has an extensive thing that includes an FAQ and
links to resources as well as the rules of use for the listserv. Their
list is a little different, in that it is assumed to be for those who
are experienced managers of Sun systems and only questions and summaries
are to be posted -- no discussions on list. But it could give some
ideas. It is also resent to the list periodically to remind participants
or to include updated information.

If this is of interest to this list just as an example, I could find one
and forward it.

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator