Hi Kern,
Thanks for these tips... I didn't see them until just now... I actually
fixed the database already based on documented changes that I had stored
in my Wiki and bacula emails (containing JobId and VolumeName)... I
verified the changes by doing a few restores and the aforementioned
double migration jobs (that seemed to be the ultimate test)... I learned
my lesson... Your support has been above and beyond the call of duty...
You (and the entire bacula community) are great... 8-) Btw, I have
turned on Binary Logging in MySQL so that I can replay the logs in the
future.
Thx,
Mike

Kern Sibbald wrote:
> On Thursday 15 March 2007 16:17, Mike Seda wrote:
>
>> Ok.. I have found all references to MediaId... The following sql
>> statements were executed:
>> select MediaId, JobId from JobMedia;
>> select MediaId from Media;
>> select MediaId from CDImages;
>> select MediaId from LocationLog;
>>
>> Since I also changed PoolId, I did:
>> select PoolId from Pool;
>> select PoolId from Job;
>> select PoolId from Media;
>> select PoolId,JobId from Job;
>>
>> I will search through the output of these commands and see if I can
>> bring the database back to a sane state... Am I on the right track?
>>

> Judging by your previous email, the database is probably in a very
> inconsistent state, as you have mentioned.  Unless you remember *exactly* all
> the changes that you made, it will be very difficult to properly undo them.
>
> My personal approach would probably be to go the conservative route:
>
> 1. Make a listing of all the Volumes and Jobs in the current database for
> future reference.
> 2. Save an "archival" copy of the current database.
> 3. Create a new clean database,
> 4. Add new Volumes to the new database
> 5. Do a Full backup of everything.
>
> Then hope you don't need anything from the old database.
>
> If you do need something from the old database, there are several
> possibilities:
> 1. Temporarily restore the old database, and attempt a restore crossing your
> fingers.
> 2. If the above fails, attempt to manually reset the mediaIds in the old
> temporarily restored database as you propose doing (I personally wouldn't do
> this).
> 3. Scan in the needed volumes into the new "clean" database -- terribly time
> consuming.
>
> At some point manually recycle the old Volumes when they would have been
> automatically recycled, and start re-using them in the new catalog.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Kern
>

>> Thx,
>>
>> Mike Seda wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>> Kern is right... I should have never changed those MediaIds... I
>>> actually remember changing a few other things such as renaming the
>>> Default pool to Weekly and resetting the auto_increment value on Media
>>> and Pool tables. I also remember changing something about PoolId. In
>>> hind-sight, I don't know what I was thinking (probably just being too
>>> picky as always)... It sounds like I hosed my database. I am so worried
>>> about this... Is there anyway to restore my database? Btw, these changes
>>> were made when I originally setup bacula... So, I cannot just restore
>>> the database from a previous dumpfile... The only way that I can forsee
>>> restoring the database is to do the following:
>>>
>>> 1) backup the current database to a dumpfile
>>> 2) drop the current database