Eric Bollengier wrote:

> It's the database job... I never seen a database (mysql, postgres or oracle)
> saying something like "Sorry i'm out of memory". Database takes memory
> that you give, never more.

Talking about Oracle - I can tell you those erros can happen (generally,
not speaking about bacula). I saw them some times in my short life ;)
Error codes are:

ORA-04030
Error   out of process memory when trying to allocate string bytes
        (string,string)
Cause   Operating system process private memory has
        been exhausted

ORA-04031
Error   unable to allocate string bytes of shared memory
        ("string","string","string","string")
Cause   More shared memory is needed than was allocated in the
        shared pool.

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/