> Any syslog or OS console messages?

There wasn't for a while but when I tried to erase the tape again I did see
some messages in dmesg that pointed me to either the drive or the tape. I was
using a density code of 0x84 (35G Uncompressed with 0 byte/variable block
size) and the messages indicated a parity error:

st0: Failed to read 65532 byte block with 64512 byte transfer.
st0: Failed to read 65532 byte block with 64512 byte transfer.
st0: Error with sense data: Info fld=0xfc00, Current st0: sense key Aborted
Command
Additional sense: Scsi parity error
st0: Error with sense data: Info fld=0xfc00, Current st0: sense key Aborted
Command
Additional sense: Scsi parity error
st0: Error with sense data: Info fld=0xfc00, Current st0: sense key Aborted
Command
Additional sense: Scsi parity error

I loaded a different tape and set the density to 0x1b (just 35G) and relabled
the tape etc ..... everything worked fine. So basically Bacula was performing
as it should and listed the tape as full when the drive and tape seemed to
report they could no longer be written to. It just took a bit of monkeying
around to find out what was te cause (read/write error, hardware, controler,
whatever).

Turns out it was the flippn media ... at least DLT tapes are cheap </sarcasm>
 :(

Thanks for all the help everyone!!!
--
Lonny