Hello,

I have the kernel guys interested in this problem.  Could those of you who are
having problems, please send me the following things:

1. The tape drive you have
2. Its connection type IDE/ATA/SATA or whatever
3. The name of the kernel driver you are using
4. A one line (max 2) description of what the failure is.

One of the problem, it seems is that there is no specific person who is
devoted to the non-SCSI drivers.

Best regards,

Kern