On 4/8/07, Kern Sibbald <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sunday 08 April 2007 05:26, Shaun T. Erickson wrote:
> >
> > Question: for my Windows Server 2000 boxes, do I uninstall the current
> > winbacula client and then install the newer one, or do I install the
> > newer one over the current one?
>
> You can do it either way.
>
> I saved my old conf
> file, uninstalled, then installed the new one, then edited the new conf file,
> pulling the name and password from my old conf.

Ok, I did that and all is well, though there were hiccups. On one
system, the old bacula service wouldn't go away - preventing me from
installing the new one - until I rebooted it. On several others, the
new service would not cleanly shutdown on demand until after a reboot.
But, as I said, all is well now.

I'm working on the backup server now. I backed up my database with
mysqldump and ran the upgrade script from Scott's updatedb RPM and
that went just fine. I've run into one small problem though:

The 2.0.3 bacula-mysql RPM requires that the mtx RPM be installed. I
tried to install it, but several files in it conflict with files in
the 1.36 bacula-mysql RPM. Can I get away with using the --nodeps
argument to get bacula-mysql upgraded and *then* install mtx, since I
can't do it the other way around?
--
        -ste