Hi,

On 4/13/2007 10:10 AM, MasterBrian wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> Try to give a detailed, but brief description, if possible with output
>>> of the permissions of the directory in question directly after
>>> installing. Also show what account the FD runs under.
>> Arno, unless I am missing something, I'm not sure this is worth a bug
>> report.
>> We support the FD being installed by the (or an) Administrator and running
>> as
>> SYSTEM.  If the user wants to run the FD in any other way, he is on his own.

I'm not absolutely sure, too, but I got the impression that the
configuration files were not readable by the the account the FD runs
under. If the installation was done by the installer, without manual
modifications afterwards, this is a bug, IMO.

If the account the FD runs under was changed afterwards, modifying the
configuration file permissions would be the operators task, naturally.

> I'm not a windows person too, but some files, could not be read by
> LOCAL-SYSTEM.
> If you try to backup some-kind of files created from active directory
> you are in trouble.

As far as I know, there is a special backup perator account on local
machines in AD environments. Others surely know more about this, and
perhaps also could suggest how the installer can detect this and install
accordingly.

> Letting the user choose which user bacula belongs too, it is a good idea
> for me, even easier if this can be choosen at installation time.
> Also, you can allow user to backup only the files that a user that
> bacula-fd is running with, can read.

This is surely beyond the scope of the automatic installation.

> This is valid also for the *nix environment, because of privacy/security
> ecc... Excluding/selecting witch file to backup it is NOT the same thing.

True, but again, this is a scenario where the administrator has to do
things manually, and then the files belonging to the FD have to get the
proper permission manually, too.

Arno

> If you need any other information please let me know
>
> Thank you for your support.

IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]