I have been learning and trying to understand how Bacula works for the last
two weeks.  Here is my situation.  For simplicity purpose, lets assume I
have two servers (I actually have 37).  My boss whats to have full backups
to tape every Sunday, and incremental backups Monday through Friday to file.
Currently I setup each machine with their individual files and included them
in the bacula-dir.conf file as "@/etc/bacula/hosts/machine1".   See link for
a  sample of the settings for http://www.nabble.com/file/7952/machine1
machine1 machine1

I specified three pools, Full, Incremental and Diff.  I also specified a job
for each day of the week, machine1_mon, machine1_tue, etc. The storage was
doe the same way, MonStorage_machine1, TueStorage_machine1.  The storage
device was also separated on a per machine basis, i.e. MonBackup_machine1,
TueBackup_machine1.  The reason for this was that the Archive Device went to
individual folders, one for Monday, one for Tuesday and so forth.  A sample
of this setting is as follows:
    Device {
    Name = MonBackup_Machine1
    Media Type = File
    Archive Device = /var/spool/backup/mon
    LabelMedia = yes;                                              # lets
Bacula label unlabeled media
    Random Access = Yes;
     RemovableMedia = no;
    AlwaysOpen = no;
    }

One of the problems I have noticed is that when there is no Full backup and
I want to do an incremental backup, bacula will force a full backup.  That
would be ok because I thought if I did a full backup this Tuesday and then
next Tuesday I believe I would get an incremental backup but that did not
happen.  I am trying to understand why an incremental was not done.

What would be the best method of configuring bacula to do a full backup
every Sunday and then incrementals Mon through Fri.  I am still confused
about the usage of volumes.  Can someone explain this in better detail? If
"Maximum Volume Jobs = 1" mean one job per volume and therefore an
incremental will never happen?  What should it be set to?

These are only a few of the questions I have.

TIA

Mike