* Ryan Novosielski schrieb am 23.04.07 um 22:58 Uhr:

Hi Ryan,

thanks for your answer.

[...]

> > So on a second run, although the SD has been "released" and
> > "unounted" the SD does not try to mount the disk again until it is
> > restarted.
>
> I think you're confusing mount in the operating system with mount inside
> Bacula; one has very little effect on the other. IMO, you need to do the
> process in reverse when starting a backup up again.

I know that bacula uses "mount" an "unmount" terminology internally
and that his is something different than mounting a filesystem.

Nevertheless bacula supports storage on filesystems and so, might
use the words "mount" and "unmount" for what it means in the system
environment as well.

And when I read the docs it seems to confirm my assumption:

"Requires Mount = Yes|No
    When this directive is enabled, the Storage daemon will submit a
    Mount Command before attempting to open the device. You must set
    this directive to yes for DVD-writers and removable file systems
    such as USB devices that are not automatically mounted by the
    operating system when plugged in or opened by Bacula. [...]"

"Mount Point = directory
    ..."

"Mount Command = name-string
    This directive specifies the command that must be executed to
    mount devices such as DVDs and many USB devices. [...]"

"Unmount Command = name-string
    This directive specifies the command that must be executed to
    unmount devices such as DVDs and many USB devices."

And the examples use "/bin/mount" and so on so this *might* really
have to do something with what I want to do, right? ;-)

> You might want to see the Removable Disk HOWTO. I don't know where it
> lives at present, but it's been linked from the list.

That is really interesting, but not what I need in my case here.

Regards
-Marc
--
8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317  3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134