I am still trying to do my first bacula backup to tape, its a 80G folder
from 2006 disk based backups.
I think I have the correct job set up, I understand its a manual full
job (no schedule) and have run into 2 problems (as seen in the log below).
1. Why can't I use my tape? I don't care whats on it, I just want to
overwrite it and expect the next to be prompted for when needed. I will
call it anything!
2. Why does the "bytes" column show 58.2M when I know the backup is much
bigger?
Also, is there a facility for bacula to send an email when the tape
needs changing please?
Thanks!
*status dir
tiger-dir Version: 2.0.3 (06 March 2007) i686-pc-linux-gnu redhat (Zod)
Daemon started 29-Apr-07 09:36, 1 Job run since started.
Heap: bytes=51,242 max_bytes=51,636 bufs=283 max_bufs=286
Scheduled Jobs:
Level Type Pri Scheduled Name Volume
===================================================================================
Full Backup 11 29-Apr-07 23:10 BackupCatalog *unknown*
====
Running Jobs:
JobId Level Name Status
======================================================================
1 Full tiger-2006.2007-04-29_09.40.45 is waiting for an
appendable Volume
2 Full tiger-2006.2007-04-29_10.15.23 has been canceled
====
Terminated Jobs:
JobId Level Files Bytes Status Finished Name
====================================================================
34 Full 2,349 58.26 M OK 29-Apr-07 08:42 tiger-2006
35 Full 0 0 Error 29-Apr-07 09:35 tiger-2006
====
*label
The defined Storage resources are:
1: File
2: SEAGATE-SCORPION
Select Storage resource (1-2): 2
Enter new Volume name: 2006-1
Automatically selected Pool: Default
Connecting to Storage daemon SEAGATE-SCORPION at tiger:9103 ...
Sending label command for Volume "2006-1" Slot 0 ...
3920 Cannot label Volume because it is already labeled: "2006"
Label command failed for Volume 2006-1.
Do not forget to mount the drive!!!
*
Looking at this log, is it still waiting for the correct volume and if
it found it would it then carry on with the backup?
--
--------------------------
http://www.phonewebcam.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
_______________________________________________
Bacula-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users