Hi all,

I recently purchased the SONY AIT-100 ATAPI tapedrive, and I'm now trying to
get it to play nice on FreeBSD.

The OS detects something (although not exacly what I have? or?) (snippet from
dmesg):
ast0: TAPE <SONY SDX-460V/0100> at ata1-master UDMA66

After popping a tape (fresh out of the package. Do I have to initialize it or
something?) in the drive I try to run the different commands stated in
the "Testing Your Tape Drive With Bacula". Here's what happen:
---
tfnbackup# mt -f /dev/ast0 rewind
---

Great. No errors in the terminal, or in the log's I looked at
(primarily /var/log/messages). On to the next command.
---
tfnbackup# tar cvf /dev/ast0 .
a .
a test.txt
a test3.txt
a test2.txt
---

So, no errors here either. However, in /var/log/messages I noticed this:
---
May  1 00:42:25 tfnbackup kernel: ast0: FAILURE - REZERO timed out
---

Anyone know what this means? I have tried googling (since Google is my
friend), but found no apparent answer.. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

--
Christopher