>
> Hello,
>
> On 5/11/2007 10:54 AM, Andy Collyer wrote:
> >>> I want to *always* automatically re-use my tapes. I can
> >> achieve this
> >>> manually by using bconsole's SQL query mode and updating
> >> the Media table:
> >>> update Media set VolStatus = "Recycle" [ WHERE ... ];
> However, once
> >>> the Volume is used, the Media table entry is re-set to
> "Append", so
> >>> next time the volume is used it isn't recycled. What's
> >> making bacula
> >>> update the Media table?
> >> Running a backup job.
> >>
> >>> And more importantly, how do I stop it?
> >>>
> >> You need to not force this behavior with SQL but to use
> the recycle
> >> directives in bacula-dir.conf
> >
> > Well, I thought I had ... Relevant sections of bacula-dir.conf:
> >
> > Job {
> > Name = "BackupHome"
> > Type = "Backup"
> > Level = "Full"
> > Client = "Server-fd"
> > FileSet = "Home"
> > Storage = "DLT-V4"
> > Pool = "AC-recycle"
> > Priority = "10"
> > Messages = Standard
> > Schedule = "DailyCycle"
> > }
> >
> > Pool {
> > Name = "AC-recycle"
> > PoolType = "Backup"
> > Recycle = "yes"
> > AutoPrune = "yes"
> > VolumeRetention = 0 days
> > Maximum Volume Bytes = 148118648832
> > Recycle Current Volume = "yes"
> > LabelFormat = "Recycle-"
> > }
> >
> > What am I missing or doing wrong???
>
> Well, by now I learned that a volume retention of indicates
> to not ever prune a volume.
>
> So, my advice would be to set up your retention times
> according to your needs.
>
> Arno
>
Think I've got it - Pool should include:
Use Volume Once = "yes"
Thanks for your time all.
Andy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
_______________________________________________
Bacula-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users