On May 11, 2007, at 7:20 AM, Justin Lott wrote:

>>> Much appreciated :-)
>>
>> Bad news Justin: I can't reproduce your problem. Resource forks
>> seem to
>> back up and restore just fine in a simple test without PKI.
>>
>> Are you sure that hfsplus support is enabled on the FileSet you're
>> backing up?
>>
>> Unfortunately my test environment has an SVN version of the code
>> running, so it's possible that this is broken in 2.0.3 but not in
>> SVN.
>>
>> -- Jorj
>
> Jorj,
>
> This is actually great news. I really didnt want to waste developers'
> time with erroneous bug reports =)
>
> I really appreciate you testing this out. Either I'm doing something
> wrong or, as you said, hfsplus is broken in 2.0.3 and fixed in SVN.
>
> For the sake of completeness in this post, my FileSet contains:
>
> FileSet {
>    Name = "oxygen-FileSet"
>    Ignore FileSet Changes = yes
>    Include {
>      Options {
>        ACL Support = yes
>        HFSPlus Support = yes
>        Signature = MD5
>      }
> <snip>
>
> I'll keep digging and report back to the list with results. Thanks
> again,
>
> - justin

Jorj,

I think I've figured this out. What clue'd me in was you saying "in a
simple test without PKI" :-)

Using this FileSet, RSRC data is *NOT* backed up:

FileSet {
   Name = "oxygen-FileSet"
   Include {
     Options {
       ACL Support = yes
       HFSPlus Support = yes
       Signature = MD5
     }
     Options {
       Exclude = yes
       WildFile = "/Users/jcl/Desktop/Test/.DS_Store"
     }
     File = "/Users/jcl/Desktop/Test"
   }
}

However, using this fileset, RSRC data *IS* backed up:

FileSet {
   Name = "oxygen-FileSet"
   Include {
     Options {
       ACL Support = yes
       HFSPlus Support = yes
       Signature = MD5
     }
     File = "/Users/jcl/Desktop/Test"
   }
}

It does not appear to matter what the exact contents of the Options
{Exclude} section are. As long as it exists, RSRC data will not be
backed up.

I did also try the latest FD 2.1.8 (svn 4744) with my existing bacula-
dir/sd 2.0.3 and had the same problem. You can easily tell by the
messages output stating how much data was backed up. For this
particular FileSet if its good I see this:

SD Bytes Written:       883,543 (883.5 KB)

If it's bad I see this:

SD Bytes Written:       445,446 (445.4 KB)

Reviewing the documentation I cant see anything that I've done wrong
with the syntax or exclusion logic of this FileSet and the bacula
director does not complain about configuration files at all.

So the question is: Have I just done something incredibly silly that
I'm not seeing or do we have an honest-to-god bug?

I appreciate any feedback you or anyone else has on this.

- justin