Why is it that when I go to label tapes, and bacula begins its backup it
starts on the last tape I labeled?
Here is the scenario.
I want to relabel some old tapes. So I put tape 1 in slot 1, tape 2 in slot
2 and tape 3 in slot 3. I open the console and do the following commands.
label
Autochanger
Enter Volume name: Vol1
Enter slot: 1
Define Pools: Default
Then bacula issues commands to unload from it's present slot location and
then loads slot 1.
But because this older tape had a previous volume, Bacula will not label the
Volume because it it already labeled.
So it fails to label the new Volume.
I then umount the autochanger.
Now I open another terminal session and issue the commands:
mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind
mt -f /dev/nst0 weof
mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind
I then mount the autochanger and begin the process of the label command as I
did above.
I go through this process for Tape 2 and Tape 3.
Now, when my backups begin at night, bacula begins its backup with Tape3.
How do I get bacula to begin it's backup to Tape 1?
bacula-dir.conf
Pool {
Name = Default
Pool Type = Backup
Recycle = yes # Bacula can automatically recycle
Volumes
AutoPrune = yes # Prune expired volumes
Volume Retention = 6 months # six months
Bacula-sd.conf
Autochanger {
Name = ToTape
Device = Drive-1
# Device = Drive-2
Changer Command = "/opt/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
Changer Device = /dev/sg0
}
Device {
Name = Drive-1 #
Drive Index = 0
Media Type = LTO-1
Archive Device = /dev/nst0
AutomaticMount = yes; # when device opened, read it
AlwaysOpen = yes;
RemovableMedia = yes;
RandomAccess = no;
AutoChanger = yes
Also, at times I get an error stating to mount a certain volume. How is
that done. Normally when you mount the autochanger it will mount the last
volume it was using. How can you mount a specific Volume or is that not
possible?
I am using Bacula 2.0.3
TIA
Mike
--
View this message in context:
http://www.nabble.com/Volume-Labeling-tf3752863.html#a10605290
Sent from the Bacula - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by DB2 Express
Download DB2 Express C - the FREE version of DB2 express and take
control of your XML. No limits. Just data. Click to get it now.
http://sourceforge.net/powerbar/db2/
_______________________________________________
Bacula-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users