Arno Lehmann wrote:
> Are there any messages regarding this job?
No, but:

Running Jobs:
 JobId Level   Name                       Status
    18 Increme  Client1.2007-05-21_12.21.30 is waiting for a mount request

(still waiting about 20 minutes after run), and:

Device status:
Device "DVD-Writer" (/dev/hdb) is not open.
    Device is BLOCKED waiting for media.

>> LabelMedia = yes
> It should work if you've enabled it in the DIR too.
I've googled around a bit in order to figure out what that means, but I've
only found the "Label Format" documentation, and that is already specified in
the director configuration. Is there anything else I should put to enable
autolabeling in the director?

> Then, you probably need a patched version of the dvd+rw-tools.
Debian dvd+rw-tools-7.0-4 package (which is what I use) already has the patch.

> Try the free space command: '/etc/bacula/dvd-handler /dev/hdb free ;
# su - bacula
$ /etc/bacula/scripts/dvd-handler /dev/hdb free
4689887232
No Error reported.

0

> It should return a reasonable number of free space on the disk
> and an error code of zero. If it doesn't, verify the disk is empty and
> your dvd+rw-mediainfo (IIRC) works correctly.
The disk is empty and dvd+rw-mediainfo works (both from root and bacula
users).

> Then, he the write command to write a reasonably sized file to an empty
> disk.
# su - bacula
$ /etc/bacula/scripts/dvd-handler /dev/hdb write 1 /var/lib/bacula/testfile
Running /usr/bin/growisofs -use-the-force-luke=notray -quiet
-use-the-force-luke=4gms -A 'Bacula
Data' -input-charset=default -iso-level 3 -pad -p 'dvd-handler /
growisofs' -sysid 'BACULADATA' -R -Z /dev/hdb /var/lib/bacula/testfile
Executing 'mkisofs -quiet -A Bacula Data -input-charset=default -iso-level
3 -pad -p dvd-handler / growisofs -sysid
BACULADATA -R /var/lib/bacula/testfile | builtin_dd of=/dev/hdb obs=32k
seek=0'
/dev/hdb: "Current Write Speed" is 1.0x1352KBps.
/dev/hdb: flushing cache
/dev/hdb: closing track
/dev/hdb: closing session

Part file /var/lib/bacula/testfile successfully written to disk.

> Finally, if these all work correctly, enable debug output in the SD and
> see if there are any DVD related messages that indicate problems.
* setd
Enter new debug level: 5
Available daemons are:
     1: Director
     2: Storage
     3: Client
     4: All
Select daemon type to set debug level (1-4):  2
Automatically selected Storage: server-Emmeti-sd
Connecting to Storage daemon server-Emmeti-sd at server-Emmeti:9103
3000 OK setdebug=5
* status 2

[...]

Device status:
Device "DVD-Writer" (/dev/hdb) is not open.
    Device is BLOCKED waiting for media.
Configured device capabilities:
EOF BSR BSF FSR FSF EOM REM RACCESS AUTOMOUNT LABEL !ANONVOLS !ALWAYSOPEN
Device state:
!OPENED !TAPE !LABEL !MALLOC !APPEND !READ !EOT !WEOT !EOF !NEXTVOL !SHORT
!MOUNTED
num_writers=0 block=2

Device parameters:
Archive name: /dev/hdb Device name: DVD-Writer
File=0 block=0
Min block=0 Max block=0

[...]

But now I don't understand this debug output. What does it mean? Do you see
anything strange?

--
Virtual Bit di Lucio Crusca
via Isonzo, 5