Hello,

I have upgraded our backup server to Debian etch a few days ago.
Before this we were using sarge with hand-made packages of bacula 2.0

Now we are using the packages from sourceforge since they are made for etch.

I have noticed that since the upgrade the update media operation doesn't work
any
more in bweb.

I choose Media/All Media, select a tape with the checkbox, hit the "edit" Icon
and a
new Window appears with "Update media".

Now I set the status from "Append" to "Used" and hit apply. Then I must wait
approx. 30 seconds then the "update media" window appears again, but the status
of
the volume is still set to "Append".

The Apache error log  says:
print() on closed filehandle GEN0 at /usr/lib/perl/5.8/IO/Handle.pm line 147

What's wrong? In sarge this was working.

We are using a Sony Tape changer LIB-162, PostgreSQL as baculas database backend
and the folowing packages:

ii  bacula-client              2.0.0-1                             Network
backup, recovery and verification (C
ii  bacula-common              2.0.0-1                             Network
backup, recovery and verification (C
ii  bacula-console             2.0.0-1                             Network
backup, recovery and verification (M
ii  bacula-director-common     2.0.0-1                             Network
backup, recovery and verification (D
ii  bacula-director-pgsql      2.0.0-1                             Network
backup, recovery and verification (D
ii  bacula-fd                  2.0.0-1                             Network
backup, recovery and verification (F
ii  bacula-sd                  2.0.0-1                             Network
backup, recovery and verification (S
ii  bacula-sd-pgsql            2.0.0-1                             Network
backup, recovery and verification (S
ii  bweb                       2.0.3-3                             Bacula
restore interface
ii  bweb-common                2.0.3-3                             Bacula
restore interface

uname -a:
Linux bs1 2.6.18-4-686 #1 SMP Wed May 9 23:03:12 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux

Since bweb worked under sarge I suspect  bweb.conf to be correct.

Update in bconsole works, so the issue is located in bweb. Please
don't say "Then use bconsole", because the other admins here are Windows Users
who know almost nothing about command line interfaces:-)

Regards,

Henry