2007/5/25, Arno Lehmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi,

On 5/25/2007 10:42 AM, Rich wrote:
> On 2007.05.24. 01:05, Arno Lehmann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 5/23/2007 3:12 PM, Kern Sibbald wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your feature request.  Unfortunately at the moment no one
is
>>> collecting these, and so you will probably need to resubmit it later.
>> Not exactly... I'm still thinking about how to do this properly, but in
>> the meantime, I hope I won't forget any new feature requests.
>
> kern, arno, thanks for the responses :)
> i understand that clustered servers isn't exactly a basic feature or one
> to easy implement, but i hope that this still qualifies for a feature
> request, at least as #41 :)
>
> as for the method, what about using a wiki page for feature requests ?
> that way permanent links to versions could be used for voting results,
> but head could be used to add new ones, fix typos and so on.

Yeah... well... difficult question.

If you know a wiki system where you can do votes the way we always did
them (or have good arguments for changing the voting process), I'm very
open for suggestions :-)

At the moment, I see three possible feature request tracker solutions:
A CMS with a voting module. Until now, I didn't find anything which
offers all I'd like to see.
A wiki. Basically quite similar, but more open for community work.
Anyone or many more people than with an CMS could change feature
requests, and I don't know if this will be an advantage in the long run,
and usually wikis don't offer strict limitations regarding article
structure. Also, I miss a voting function.
A home-grown feature request tracker. Rather simple database backend,
with a simple web front end. Shouldn't be too difficult to program, but
I'd prefer finding something that already has what we want.

Any suggestions?

If Mantis manages votes, couldn't that be a solution ?
I've been a zimbra (www.zimbra.com) user for some months and I find the way
they have put together a mediawiki + bugzilla + forums solution quite
efficient. They use bugzilla for request for enhancements, voting on bugs,
and polls on the forums and it works quite well (one drawback is that I have
3 accounts).

Regards,

--
Mikael Kermorgant