On 2007.05.23. 11:53, Marc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've searched the archives, but I can not find any relevant information.
> Therefor my question: is it possible to do a database by database dump and
> backup these dump files? Because of database sizes, it would be very nice if
> this can be done database by database. I mean first do the dump of database
> 1, move it to bacula, remove the dump, dump of database 2, move it to
> bacula, etc...
>
> Can this be done?

i didn't see whether you successfully resolved your problem, so here's a
quick & crude script, which backs up each database as a separate file,
and does this for all of the databases.
script does not protect from simultaneous runs, does not compress dumps
(as that is done by bacula job) - though all this is very easy to add.

for bacula job, just add something like ;

   ClientRunBeforeJob = "/scripts/mysqlbackup create"
   ClientRunAfterJob = "/scripts/mysqlbackup remove"

note, the script probably has several problems, so feel free to correct
those ;)

#!/bin/bash

HOME=/root
DUMPDIR=/var/tmp/database_dump
MYSQLDUMP=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqldump
DUMPCOMMAND="$MYSQLDUMP --add-drop-database --add-drop-table --add-locks
--extended-insert\
  --single-transaction --quick"

fail() {
     echo "failure : $1"
     exit 1
}

create() {
     if [ ! -d "$DUMPDIR" ]; then
         mkdir -p "$DUMPDIR" || fail "unable to create directory $DUMPDIR"
     fi

     for i in `echo "show databases" | mysql -N`; do
         $DUMPCOMMAND $i > "$DUMPDIR"/"$i" || fail "unable to dump
database $i"
     done
}

remove() {
     rm "$DUMPDIR"/* || fail "unable to remove db dumps"
}

case $1 in
     create)
         create