Hello,

On 6/6/2007 3:38 PM, Frank Sweetser wrote:
> Well, I had a failure last night while I was monitoring memory usage.  I had a
> script snagging the output of  ps -o rss for both bacula-sd and bacula-dir
> every 60 seconds.  Based on that, memory usage for both jumped only by a few
> megs when the jobs started.  The dir was around 20M, and the sd around 13M.

Quite sane numbers. Well, that quite certainly rules out the idea of
memory consumption causing your problems.

> I'll try to see if I can capture a failure with debug options at least on the
> FD cranked up...

I'm not a good debugger user, but strace might be the next thing to
try... like capturing all socket operations, or something. Perhaps you
get to know if the error is cause by the OS on one end.

Or, alternatively, using tcpdump to find if the sequence numbers get out
of sync somewhere, which would cause a RST on both ends.

Arno
--
IT-Service Lehmann                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]